A single player space shooter game in VR. The player is in control of a ship.
The goal is to race against the clock to get the fastest time (race), or transport cargo to get the best score (mission).
All done in 55 narrow space caves filled with evil enemies. Featuring interactive music, realistic physics and challenging game-play.
All players may have their best score for each level sent to this website and the top scores and top players are displayed below. The replay of the record scores are possible to view from the game and here to see how it was done. There are also 22 achievements to unlock.
Available for free on Oculus Home (for Rift), and Steam (Rift, Vive and others) since 20th of September 2019.
The ability to create and play custom levels is now added. Use the MapEditor for Windows, Mac or Linux and read editor_readme.txt
In the Discord server there is a channel for sharing levels with me and others and I can add them to the games user level page for approved levels (implemented in all versions January 2021).
Future and past
Point-movement (now done for both Steam and Oculus v1.40) where you point with your hand and the ship goes there.
The plan is to also add multiplayer for 4 players with 4 new dogfight maps as well as the existing race and mission maps. Race will be done without collision between players, and mission as co-op where you cooperate to transport all cargo.
- controls-info update
- collision stuck fix
- door base collision fix
- auto land with point motion
- auto fire with point motion
- not instant kill on stationary enemies
- new user levels
- recenter bugfix
- update FMOD and SteamWorks.NET
- level editor, max 10wp
- fix EyeOfTheStorm
- fade in is 1sec shorter
- optimization of RadioTower
- fixed house and hangar
- optimized toxic barrels
- bugfix duplicate enemy kill
- support 4*10 user levels
- ship status, mipmap fix
- add gui marker for Easy mode
- optimized LandingZone.mat
- fix errors when no steamvrinput connected
- CameraHolder singleton fix
- add best score
- add achievement 22
- add less than bronze indication (green)
- EasyMode implemented
- custom levels page
- explosion fix
- radiotower perf fix
- point in menu
- fix menu selection bug
- install size 1/3
- lower engine vol
- bigger status box
- fix flying particle fx
- bugfix in first menu level selection
- add enemy-kill msg to replay
- fix max steam user name length
- fix web score spacing
- fix steam gold achievement
- frame rate fix in CollisionStay2D
- point motion implemented
- add flying score text
- hiscore security increased
- move game status up
- major fix: replays working
- move view up 20cm
- fix menu options positions
- fix for distance achievement
- changed controller bindings for recenter and back
- add recenter action, only in menu (for now)
- add gold, silver and bronze limits to menu
- tracking reset button in menu
- game status position fix. snap movement fix
- damage reduced
- shadows, credits, controls
- bugfixes to camera position and damage taken
- 6DoF dollhouse impl finished
- add two new achievements
- fix death fade, always exit flow on death
- fix cargo sound
- music: fixed transitions
- music: added EnemyVol parameter
- music: increased cargo volume
- music: changed death filter
- music restarts sooner after death
- mission music feature when enemies/bullets are nearby
- pitch variation on death sweep
- small drum sounds occur intermittently with higher cargo
Contact me if you are interested in collaborating to get this vr game feature done.
I have set a time frame to 8 months, and have more info of what is needed. Join the Discord server for this purpose
Since November 2020 the Unity projects source for both the Oculus Rift, Quest and Steam versions are available on SourceForge.
If you find the source useful I'd like to hear from you.